Je Porte Mon Bebe (JPMBB) Physio Carrier
Why we love it: We love the JPMBB brand! Their soft stretchy wraps and ring slings are very popular within the library already, and now they have launched an ergonomic buckle carrier!
The PhysioCarrier packs JPMBB's dna into a soft carrier : physiological baby position, usability, comfort, colors. Design wise, users will find the famous pocket of the Original baby wrap and the artificial leather of Little Baby Wrap Without A Knot
Ideal for: newborn babies,younger babies, older babies, toddlers
Suitable for: all sizes of people
Carries: front carriesand back carries, hip carries
Width of main panel:
Length of main panel:
Minimum waist setting:
Maximim waist setting:
Minimum shoulder strap setting:
Maximum shoulder strap setting:
Hood: breathable mesh hood
Special Features: ThermoFit mesh allows you to keep cool on hot days
Manufacturer's weight guidelines: 3.5 - 20kgs (with newborn booster)
Cost New: approx.£95
Deposit:£40 (waivered if you are a member)
4 seasons Thermo-Fit
The opening of the pocket of the PhysioCarrier at the back of the Baby allows to ventilate the Baby and to adapt to any season.
The transparency of the mesh allows to see the position of the Baby inside, anytime.
Vented and transparent head support
The mesh head support holds the head while keeping ventilation and visibility.
Extra thick and vented padding (2.5cm)
The extremely generous padding and breathable straps and waist provide comfort and an unprecedented lightness.
Rear mirror for back carry
To watch Baby while back carrying
- Allows precise adjustment according to baby's age.
- Gives support to the bended knees and help to better tilt the pelvis to provide Baby with a wide and comfortable seat
- Helps distribute the weight between the shoulder straps and waist belt
- The straps can be crossed.
- The back / shoulder strap has an elastic stop to promote the movement of carrier's shoulders while keeping the straps in place.
Extension pack (booster & neck pillow) :
- Allows the use of PhysioCarrier from birth with a newborn
- Allows you to elevate Baby once carried on the back.
- Gives the adult a higher centre of gravity and a feeling similar to a backpack.
- The neck pillow, adjusts to the support a newborn.
Find out all about JPMBB
Always check the manufacturer's instructions, but in general, 100% cotton baby carriers can be washed at temperatures up to 60 degrees centigrade on the delicate cycle. It is best to use a liquid detergent that is free of optical brighteners, bleach or softening agents.
It should be noted that frequent washing is likely to fade the carrier, and so affect its resale value, so we ask that you do not wash our rental slings unless needed.
The Physiocarrier is suitable from birth from 3.5kg with the infant booster (hired separately).
You can use the Physiocarrier to carry your baby on your front or back with facing in.
You cannot use it to carry baby on your front with baby facing out.
We want you to be able to get the most out of your sling hire, so we offer a large range of accessories available for you to add on to your sling hire. Only accessories appropriate to the sling or carrier you are hiring will be offered.
Check out our guide to available accessory add on options for more information on the choices offered above.
When you are renting a sling for the first time you will get 2 days added on to the end of your rental period to allow for posting so that you hopefully get the full amount of time requested, actually with the sling.
So, if you choose a 2 week rental starting on the 1st of the month, your hire end date will be the 16th (14 days plus 2 days extra)
The sling will be posted to you on the 1st, hopefully arrive (dependent on Royal Mail) the 2nd and you will need to post it on or before the 15th to ensure it arrives with us by the 16th.
If you are extending your hire then no extra days are added, so a 2 week extension means that the sling will be due back 14 days later than originally agreed.
How to Rent
These are the steps needed to rent this carrier:
1) Select a type of hire -you can choose from postal hire and extension of existing hire. Only use extension of existing hire if you currently have the sling in your possession.
2) Select a rental period - 2, 3 or 4 weeks. If you are extending your rental, you can choose from 1 day, 2 days or 1 week rental periods too.
3) Pick a date to start your rental, this is the date the sling is posted to you for a new rental or the first available date if you are extending your rental. Dates is dark blue are available to be selected, dates in light blue are not able to be selected. This may be because we don't post out slings on that day, the sling is already reserved for someone else on that date or the rental period you have selected is too long for you to start a rental that day and return it before it is reserved for somebody else.
4) Choose your rental options using the drop down boxes. The mandatory boxes are starred and you must answer these questions Find out more information about the available accessory add ons. Only accessories that are compatible with the sling you are looking at will be shown here.
5) Click 'add to shopping basket' button.
This rental will now be added to your shopping basket. You may go on to rent or purchase anything else on our site or checkout. If you wish to hire more than one sling, you are very welcome to. All rentals starting on the same date will be posted together and will be covered by a single fee for postage. If you select several slings to be posted out on different dates we will contact you to ask for the additional postage to cover the additional parcels.
When you check out, you will need to give us your contact details, just fill in all of the boxes. You will need to pay the rental fee and postage at checkout.
You will be expected to pay a refundable deposit of£40 per sling. Larger accessories also require an additional deposit of£10. We will email you to request payment of the deposit a few days before it is due to be posted to you. You do not pay deposits as part of the checkout process.
Deposits are wavered for members.
Rental slings are sent out on the first day of your hire via Royal Mail 1st class recorded post, unless another service is selected. Costs for postage will be added when you check out.
You will be expected to pay a refundable deposit of£40 per sling. Larger accessories also require an additional deposit of£10. We will email you to request payment of the deposit a few days before it is due to be posted to you. We prefer PayPal for deposits but also accept direct bank transfer. You do not pay deposits as part of the checkout process.
Deposits are waivered for members.
Membership of It's a Sling Thing postal loan service gives you access to a range of benefits and discounts across all of our services. The funds raised from membership are used to increase the sling library stock so that we are better able to help people in the future.
- No deposits when you borrow from the library
-£3 off every time you rent something from the library
- 10% off all new slings and babywearing accessories
- 10% off all workshops
- 10% off all sling clinic appointments (in person and by Skype)
Membership of it's a Sling Thing costs a one off fee of£25 and lasts for a lifetime. Become a member today.
How to Buy
You can purchase these from It's A Sling Thing here.
Babywearing has been practiced throughout the world for centuries and is extremely safe when done correctly.
Your child's safety is your responsibility. Please check yourself and your baby against the TICKS rules for safe babywearing every time you carry your baby, no matter what you carry them in.
You must always read all safety, use and care instructions prior to using this (or any) sling or carrier. Slings and carriers must only be used in accordance with the manufacturers instructions.
The Connecta has been tested to meet Technical Report CEN/TR16512:2015, BS EN 13209-2:2005 and ASTM f2236-14.
JPMBB's online instructions can be found here.