If you want to pay one deposit but hire more than one sling, you can do so by booking your hires one at a time, ensuring no overlap with the dates. As long as we have received your last sling back by the time your next sling is due to be posted we can just keep one deposit and "roll it over" on to the next reservation.
Please make sure to drop us an email, or put it in the notes on your booking, so we know not to refund you when a sling comes back.
We will usually return your deposit to you the same day it arrives back with us as long as the sling or carrier is returned on time, in good condition and with all accessories included.
Occasionally we need to pick up your parcel from the sorting office or are otherwise unable to return your deposit the same day the sling arrives back with us. We aim to return all deposits within 3 days of the sling arriving back with us.
We do our best to resolve all issues quickly and to everyone's satisfaction. However, these are the occasions when we would take some or all of your deposit:
- Non return of the sling or carrier. This is deemed to have occurred 14 days after the original agreed return date. Please ensure the contact details you give us are correct as we will attempt to contact you multiple times during this period. However, be aware it is your responsibility to return the sling or carrier on time. You will be liable for the full replacement value of the sling or carrier. Please be aware that this may be more or less than the deposit value.
- Late return of the sling or carrier. Late returns will be charged at £2 per day. These may be waivered in exceptional circumstances but you must contact us to discuss before the end of the rental period.
- Return of a sling or carrier that is damaged in such a way as it is now unsafe. The sling or carrier will be retired from the library immediately and you will be liable for the full replacement value of the sling or carrier. Please be aware that this may be more or less than the deposit value.
- Return of a sling or carrier that is damaged in such a way as it is not unsafe but is permanently damaged or stained. The sling or carrier may be retired from the library. If so, you may buy it from us at an agreed price. Otherwise, you will be liable for the difference between the full replacement value of the sling or carrier and the resale value of the damaged sling or carrier plus an admin fee for our time of £5. Please be aware that this may be more or less than the deposit value.
- Non return of accessories. This is deemed to have occurred 14 days after the original agreed return date. Please be extra careful to look after any accessories that you hire so that they can be passed on to the next customer when they hire something. Those little dongles can be more expensive than you'd think to replace!
Please use the 'Return Your Parcel' sticker with our address on it to address the parcel. This can be found in your rental pack.
Ensure that your order number is written on the return sticker.
Use the packaging provided by us in your rental pack. Please ensure the package is securely fastened.
Drop your parcel at a Post Office. You do not need to pay any money to post your parcel back.
Please drop off your parcel by 12 noon on the date noted on your return paperwork.
If you're returning your parcel to us at your own cost (because return postage wasn't included in your order), then please use the envelope and address label provided, and return it via whichever method you prefer. We do recommend using a tracked / signed for service as the sling remains your responsibility until we have confirmed it is safely back with us.
If you've forgotten to post your sling in time to have it back to us at the end of your hire period, just drop us a quick email to let us know. We understand these things happen, and just like to be kept informed!
If your sling is not back with us a few days after the end of your rental, and we haven't heard from you, we will begin to apply late charges for £2 per weekday that the sling is late. These charges will incur until it is back with us, or until the total amount owed is equal to the full recommended retail price of the missing sling and accessories. This is often much more than the deposit taken.
Sadly, on occasion, we do need to apply to the small claims court when a sling has not been returned on time and our numerous attempts to contact the hirer have been ignored.
Please do let us know if you will have trouble returning the sling on time, you have lost the sling or something has happened to the sling while you have it. We're reasonable people and will try our hardest to reach a mutually agreeable solution.